Mineral-Insulated RTD Temperature Probe with Bare Connection Wires According to DIN EN 60751 (902210)
- For temperatures between -50 (-200) and +600 °C
- Flexible insulated cable with vibration-resistant measuring insert
- As single or double RTD temperature probe in 2-wire, 3-wire, or 4-wire circuit
- Short response time
- Application-specific insertion length
- Due to their specific features, mineral-insulated RTD temperature probes are used in chemical plants, power plants, pipelines, engine building, test rigs, and any measuring locations requiring flexibility and simple replacement.
Mineral-insulated RTD temperature probes consist of a flexible, thin-walled stainless steel insulated cable, in which low ohmic conductor copper wires are embedded in compressed, heat-resistant magnesium oxide.
The temperature sensor is connected to the wires of the internal conductors and accommodated in a stainless steel protection tube. The protection tube and insulated cable are welded to one another. Diameters start from as little as 1.9 mm.
The good thermal transfer between the protection tube and temperature sensor enables short response times (t0.5 from 0.7 s) and excellent measuring accuracy. The vibration-resistant design guarantees a long operating life. The flexible insulated cable allows temperature measurements to be made at measuring points that are difficult to access. The smallest bending radius is 5 times the outer diameter.
Mineral-insulated RTD temperature probes are supplied as standard with a Pt100 temperature sensor according to DIN EN 60751, class B. Versions with a Pt500 or Pt1000 are also available. Connection is available in a 3-wire or 4-wire circuit as an option.