What does "pinging" mean and how is it executed?
- The console is activated via start, execute and entering the CMD.
- To execute the PING command:
Then enter a space by hitting the space bar once,
Then type in the IP address. (Example: ping 10.11.1.77)
- The service must be activated and supported by the network.
- Firewall must permit the command, if necessary, switch it off during use
- Ping can be used to test whether or not the LOGOSCREEN nt is connected correctly from the technical standpoint.
- Prerequisite to using a Ping is that the IP or host name of the device must be known.
If the host name is known, a PING can also be set on it.
The command syntax consists of: PING Space Host Name, e.g. ==> ping jumo device