How do I sensibly configure the ethernet interface
of the LOGOSCREEN nt?
a) No DHCP server in the network
- Deactivate the DHCP function on the recorder
- Fixed IP addresses are assigned by the Administrator.
- Advantage: The IP can be "pinged"
- In the JUMO applications, it can be used directly.
b) The router operates as DHCP serverer
- Activate the DHCP function on the recorder
- Following network OFF/ON, the LOGOSCREEN nt automatically receives a free IP address from the assigned area
- Because the recorder normally operates with a fixed IP address, it can then no longer be reached. Often, the IP address also changes when the network is switched OFF/ON.
For this reason, the DHCP should only be used in connection with the DNS. The device is assigned a HOST name. Assignment of HOST NAMES to the IP addresses is the responsibility of the DNS server.
- The JUMO application programs can operate with the HOST name.